By Jon D. Payne,Sebastian Heck
In 'A religion worthy Teaching', edited by means of Jon Payne and Sebastian Heck, an array of devoted pastor-scholars have fun the Heidelberg Catechism on its 450th anniversary with a set of essays on its dynamic background, wealthy theology, and fruit-bearing perform that may be an encouragement to pastors and laypersons alike.
Table of Contents:
Foreword: the Heidelberg Catechism: the key of its good fortune - Herman J. Selderhuis
Part 1: The background and historical past of the Heidelberg Catechism
1. The background and other people in the back of the Heidelberg Catechism - Lyle D. Bierma
2. The Heidelberg Catechism within the usa - D. G. Hart
Part 2: The Heidelberg Catechism and the technique of Grace
3. keeping Firmly to the Heidelberger: The Validity and Relevance of Catechism Preaching - Joel R. Beeke
4. Preaching the Catechism this present day - Joel R. Beeke
5. “Washed from All My Sins”: The Doctrine of Baptism within the Heidelberg Catechism - Sebastian Heck
6. “As definitely As I See and Taste”: The Lord’s Supper and the Heidelberg Catechism – Jon D. Payne
Part three: Christian Doctrine and the Heidelberg Catechism
7. amassed, secure, and Preserved: The Church within the Heidelberg Catechism - Michael S. Horton
8. Grace and Gratitude: Justification and Sanctification within the Heidelberg Catechism - Cornelis P. Venema
9. The Christology of the Heidelberg catechism - Mark Jones
10. “Prophet, health care professional Jesus”: the Son of God as “Our excessive Priest and instructor” within the Heidelberg Catechism - Victor E. d’Assonville
11. The Spirit-Filled Catechism: The Heidelberg Catechism and the Holy Spirit - Daniel R. Hyde
Part four: The Heidelberg Catechism As Catechetical instrument
12. The Heidelberg Catechism one of the Reformed Catechisms - W. Robert Godfrey
13. The Heidelberg Catechism: A Catechetical instrument - Willem Verboom
14. Scholasticism within the Heidelberg Catechism? - Willem van’t Spijker
“This is a superb selection of articles, either functional and scholarly. there's a lot right here to assist us comprehend the background, the theology, and the ongoing relevance of the Heidelberg Catechism. As we pontificate during the Heidelberg in our church i'll definitely seek advice this publication usually. It triggered me to reconsider and back ‘Isn’t the Catechism remarkable!’ and, extra importantly, ‘Isn’t the gospel amazing!’” — Kevin DeYoung, senior pastor at college Reformed Church, Lansing, Michigan, and writer of the good news We nearly Forgot: Rediscovering the Gospel in a sixteenth Century Catechism
“As a precis and interpretation of God’s note composed for and certified by means of the Reformed church buildings, the Heidelberg Catechism (1563) has a different position within the lifetime of the church buildings. we must always be glad about 'A religion worthy Teaching', a great source that is helping us greater comprehend and use the catechism in our time.” — R. Scott Clark, professor of church heritage and ancient theology, Westminster Seminary California
Read Online or Download A Faith Worth Teaching: The Heidelberg Catechism’s Enduring Heritage PDF
Best church history books
During this wide-ranging booklet, Professor Eamon Duffy explores the extensive sweep of the English Reformation, and the ways that that Reformation has been written approximately. Tracing the fraught background of spiritual swap in Tudor England, and the retellings of that historical past to form a protestant nationwide identification, once more he emphasizes the significance of the examine of past due medieval faith and fabric tradition for our knowing of this such a lot formative and engaging of eras.
God is past time, yet every body is firmly planted in it. heritage affects us without end, together with the methods we comprehend the church and its teachings. This has been the case because the time of the earliest believers. In background and Heresy, Joseph F. Kelly considers heresies and the historic forces that formed them.
Bis sie Jesus fand, battle Nadia Bolz-Webers Leben eine Achterbahnfahrt. Sie stammt aus einem christlich-fundamentalistischen Elternhaus, rebellierte, fing an zu trinken, nahm Drogen. Führte ein echtes Hippie-Leben - in jeder Beziehung. Über die Anonymen Alkoholiker fand sie einen Weg aus der Sucht.
Glossy social psychology has committed an important percentage of its assets to the research of human prejudice. so much learn to this point has excited about these teams that express prejudice. in spite of the fact that, a couple of fresh reviews have began to enquire prejudice from the point of view of its 'targets. ' those experiences have proven prejudice to be a robust stressor that areas specific and expensive calls for on its objectives.
- Introducción al Nuevo Testamento (Introduction to the New Testament) (Spanish Edition)
- Civilized Piety: The Rhetoric of Pietas in the Pastoral Epistles and the Roman Empire
- War, Peace, and Reconciliation: A Theological Inquiry
- Women Prophets and Radical Protestantism in the British Atlantic World, 1640–1730
- Liberation Front: Resurrecting the Church
Extra info for A Faith Worth Teaching: The Heidelberg Catechism’s Enduring Heritage